Web 2.0 in under 5 minutes

This video is great, as the author stated there are one or two places where he may need to smooth out the XML vs HTML with the use of CSS. I didn’t even know the similar XML effect was possible with HTML, in any instance until I saw the video, and read some of the comments. I am sure many people of Web 2.0 have seen and probably commented on this already on this video. One important thing about this for me is how he models the interaction of Web 2.0.

This is the 2nd draft, and I plan on doing one more final draft. Please leave comments on what could be changed or improved, or what needs to be excluded or included. Subscribe if you want to be notified when the revision is released.

[youtube]6gmP4nk0EOE[/youtube]

Thanks to Jesse Lubinsky from Irvington School District in NY for sending me this link! Way to network Jesse!

9 thoughts on “Web 2.0 in under 5 minutes

1. Absolutely AWESOME!!! I grew up in Yonkers and one of my sisters live in Irvington. Can’t tell you how excited I am that there is such forward thinking going on. I’m a school superintendent in upstate NY and I have been helping a groundswell in my district to have teachers explore the world of the read/write web as an instructional tool. I have some teachers that are making full use of pod casting, wikis, blogs, social bookmarking, etc…. I often follow Will Richardson and was lucky enough to be enlightened by him personally. Keep up the great work!

2. This is a fantastic video that exemplifies how web2.0 is changing what we do… and who we are. I saw it on Will’s Weblogg-ed and had to come over and show my appreciation for passing on the link- thanks!
    Dave

3. Pingback: Joanna Nash » Blog Archive » What If Presentation

4. I was going to send a colleague a link to the thought-provoking video you created on non-linear text and our new hypertext’d reality, but, alas, no longer find it here. Are you still posting it???

5. I am a student at Irvington High School. I have to say that fromm the perspective of a computer geek, it doesn’t matter whether or not teachers use podcasts and RSS feeds to deliver information. The fact is Web 2.0 is acknowledged globally as a revolution for the medium of information that is as the internet. The purpose of school is to educate the students, and whether or not new methods such as these help in that respect is still unknown.

In my view, exploration towards this new revolution is irresponsible and a step backwards when teachers cannot grasp old concepts, like posting assignments on a website or even manipulating powerpoint presentations. Irvington should first concentrate on mastery of old standards before introducing new ones.